Responsive Ad Slot

BannerFans.com

Love

Life Lesson

Inner Conversation

Childhood

A CRY IN AFRICA

I hear a cry in Africa
I see tears fall like rain
From dull clouds of pain
Under a bloody sky

I hear a woman’s cry
The sadness in her eyes
Seems to be timeless
Though I see her shout
The words don’t let out
I yearn to know her plight
But it is beyond mere sight
Behind the saddened eyes
Is where it really lies
I reach and touch her heart;
A vision of men dying
Boys and girls slaying,
Foreigners fueling hate
And getting paid,
Stealing in chaos
Reaping from the wars
Tearing a once green land
Now I hear her unsaid words
Mother Africa is bleeding
There is an epidemic
Walking the land
Seizing the strong and weak
It is the plague of greed…


By Hilda S. Ndenecho

No comments

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search Here

Three thoughts

Latest Post